Vegan Recipe: Gnocchi With Happy Gut Pesto
- (1) package pre-made gnocchi
- Happy Gut fermented pesto
- salt & pepper
- Optional: Butter, onions or shallots, garlic , parmesan or pecorino cheese
- If using, carmelize onions, shallots, and garlic in butter and salt & pepper in a cast iron pan.
- Boil the gnocchi according to package (usually 3 minutes).
- Drain the gnocchi, reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
- Up the heat on the sauce mixture to high and add as much pesto as you’d like.
- Stir in the gnocchi and top with cheese as desired.