Vegan Recipe: Pickled Okra
- Enough okra to fill a (1) quart jar
- (1) jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 -2 garlic cloves, lightly smooshed or sliced
- 2 tablespoons non-iodized salt (kosher, for example)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- (1) teaspoon pickling spice or mustard seeds, celery seed, cardamom, or other spices as desired
- (1) cup apple cider vinegar
- (1) cup distilled white vinegar
- (1) cup water
- Fill your jar with the okra. They should pack tightly so that they will stay under the shoulders of the jar once your pour the brine in!
- Make your brine: Simmer all other ingredients together for 5 minutes until dissolved.
- Pour brine over the okra in the jar to fill.
- Close the jar and place in the fridge.
- Wait one week to eat, and eat within 1 month.