Vegan Recipe: Raw & Roasted Kale Salad
- (1) large bunch of kale
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- red wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar, OR lemon juice
- Optional: Chili pepper flakes or harissa, grated parmesan
- Wash each leaf of kale and dry completely (Do ahead: Ideally wash your greens 1-12 house before use and then return to the fridge one completely dry).
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Tear the center stem from each leaf and stack the leaves in a neat pile. Cut half the pile into very skinny shreds and place in a bowl; cut the other half in large 2- 3 inch chunks and place on a cookie sheet or cast iron pan.
- Dress the kale in the pan with olive oil, salt and pepper and roast in the oven for 18 minutes, tossing every 3 minutes.
- Dress the raw kale in the bowl with your acid of choice: and vinegar or lemon juice, as we as sale and a little pepper
- Add the roasted kale to the raw kale and toss with any of the optional ingredients of choice.