Vegan Recipe: Roasted Eggplant + Creamy Topping
- Eggplant (however many you have)
- Pomegranate or passion fruit seeds, and/or chpped pistachios or pine nuts
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
*Or use Greek yogurt or labneh in place of tahini dressing
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Wash and dry your eggplant(s), Cut each eggplant in half lengthwise, and poke holes or draw cool star carvings and lines in the flesh with your knife.
- Place skin side down in a cast iron pan and drizzle with olive oil, salt & pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the tahini dressking: Whisk 1-2 tablespoons tahini, the juice of (1) lemon, 2 crushed garlic cloves, salt & pepper in a little pitcher.
- Plate the eggpland and drizzle the dressing on top, followed by sprinkles of the pomegranate or passion fruit seeds and nuts.